Back after awhile . . .

Rognvald

Back after awhile . . .

Post by Rognvald » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:46 am

Hello to all! I'm playing again after a 6-year hiatus. I have studied Classical Guitar since the late Nineties and previously played Tenor Sax/Flute in Jazz/R&B Bands during the 70's and 80's. I play a LoPrinzi Spanish Grand Concert 650mm(cedar) and prefer 19th Century Music and ,of course, Bach.
I was playing Classical gigs at restaurants, wine festivals, etc. fairly often before going underground. I'm headed shortly to Florida and leaving the land of Wooly Mammoths(Illinois) for good to pursue my love of sailing and musical performance. I'll see ya on the street . . . Best, Rognvald
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spake Zarathustra

oski79

Re: Back after awhile . . .

Post by oski79 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:25 am

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Return to “Introduce yourself”