Hello from Up State New York

Bruce

Hello from Up State New York

Post by Bruce » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:17 pm

I'm a old geezer who wants to play guitar in my retirement. I have been under the tutelage of Jerry Willard. I am not very accomplished yet but struggle on. My interest in music is both Early and Baroque music. I have been working only with tab but would like to learn standard notation. I fact I thought that there was a course here of slow progression through a series of tunes but have not be able to find it.

Looking forward to exploring the site and learning more.

Bruce

George Crocket

Re: Hello from Up State New York

Post by George Crocket » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:05 pm

Hello Bruce. Welcome to the forum. I am a retirement hobby guitarist myself, like quite a few others here. Many of us would agree that learning standard notation helps. There is no "course" as such for learning notation on the forum, but the Delcamp library of scores is graded in such a way that working through it in order would be useful practice for learning from other sources. In our "classes" subforum you should be able to find threads about how to learn notation.

To begin, please be sure to have a look at our welcome page for more information about the forum and its rules. Once you have posted a second message you will be able to access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After 20 posts you may subscribe to the 020 usergroup with associated membership privileges including access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library (see here).

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username and edit.

Enjoy your visits.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Return to “Introduce yourself”