Hello (again) from Colorado

John Kelin

Hello (again) from Colorado

Post by John Kelin » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:10 pm

Hi all,

I have been an on-and-off member of this forum for a few years now. Haven't posted in at least six months; usually I just lurk (if that term is not too antiquated). I seem to recall reading that accounts that are idle for a certain period (a lot less than six months) are deleted, which appears to have happened to me -- although in re-registering, the site told me my email was already in use. So I'm using one of my other emails.

On his CD "Wild Mountain Thyme," Scott Tennant plays a Renaissance tune called Grimstock. A lively and charming number. Can anyone tell me where the score for it might be available?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if I should not be posting that question here.

John Kelin

George Crocket

Re: Hello (again) from Colorado

Post by George Crocket » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:31 am

Hi John. Welcome back. To maintain your account you should formally log in at least once a year, and you should maintain an average of at least one post per month of membership. You can, of course, build up credit for posts in advance. It is a puzzle that your email address is noted as already in use. If you could send me a PM with details of the email address, and your previous username, then I can try to find out more.

Lest there have been changes since you were last here, please have a look at our welcome page where there is more information about the forum and its rules. The main problem with losing your account is that you can only start as a new member. So you must post a second message to be able to access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After 20 posts you may subscribe to the 020 usergroup with associated membership privileges including access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library (see here).

You may recall that it is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username and edit.

Have fun.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

John Kelin

Post by John Kelin » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:10 pm

Thanks for your reply, George. I tried sending you a PM, but got the following system message:

"We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more in discussions to be able to use this feature."

Arg.

My last post here, I think, was six or seven months ago, when I asked a question about travel guitars. Big surprise: I was traveling at the time, didn't have my instrument with me, and had very itchy fingers.

I have been playing, on-and-off, for many years. Lately it has been very much on. I've always played classical but love most music. Several months back I picked up a copy of Andrew York's Jazz Guitar for Classical Cats, which I've found very useful.

I added a little more info to my profile.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:57 pm

Hi John, welcome back! Now that you've had two messages approved, you should be able to send PMs. I suspect your earlier account is still active. Is it this one? Maybe you'd forgotten this time that you originally had no space in the username?

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

John Kelin

Post by John Kelin » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:53 pm

Right you are. That link leads to me.

Dang!

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:34 pm

OK, If you would like to use that account, and can get back into it, let me know and I'll close your newer account as no longer necessary. Otherwise I'll need to close the old one, since members are limited to one account each.
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

John Kelin

Post by John Kelin » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:35 pm

Well, I tried logging into that older account and it wouldn't let me in. I'm still working on it. I'm writing this from work, though, and must keep up appearances. I can't mess with it until later.

I humbly request patience.

John Kelin

Post by John Kelin » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:51 pm

Hmmm...I must be doing something wrong. I logged out of the new account and tried logging into the old one. Would not let me in, and after trying several variations on what I think the password is, I exceeded the number of attempts allowed. So I clicked "forgot my password," and this time it also asked me to type in an obvious word obscured by some other letters. I did, and it still isn't working.

I can post with this new account, and I suppose it doesn't make any difference, when all is said and done.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:52 pm

The "obvious word" question is just a way to prevent automated spam programs from making multiple attempts to guess your password. Once you've got past that, you'll probably need to repeat the "forgot my password" step, entering your original username and possibly your originally registered email address (I forget whether it asks for that, but if it does you must give the original one for that account, not the one you're using now). It should then send a new password to that address, though you may need to look in the spam or junk folder, as they sometimes end up there.

If you still can't get that to work, send me a PM, giving your original address, and I can do it manually, (though it won't be until tomorrow as I'm going to bed soon).
Classical Guitar Forum.

John Kelin

Post by John Kelin » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:56 pm

I posted a question to (what I think is) the main forum, but it isn't there anymore. Did it get moved or deleted, for some reason?

Finding an answer to that question is what led me to post here again, after a long hiatus.

The question was about the Renaissance tune, "Grimstock."

John Kelin

Post by John Kelin » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:02 pm

Pardon me. After posting the above I found a PM in my inbox here, stating that question had been moved to "classical guitar sheet music."

How do I find that section of the forum? I'm not finding this very intuitive.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:23 pm

An easy way of locating any of your own posts is to click on the "Quick links" icon at the top left of the page and then on "Your posts".
Classical Guitar Forum.

John Kelin

Post by John Kelin » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:51 pm

Grazie.

Return to “Introduce yourself”