Good morning from Houston Texas! New guy here

PeterDutton

Good morning from Houston Texas! New guy here

Post by PeterDutton » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:55 pm

8) Ok so let's see... I started playing a twelve string I got for my 13 th birthday. I was given an encyclopedia of chords with all the majors highlited and told to "memorize them. I did and then was told to memorize the rest, I did not... I played open folk chords for a while then one day I heard my friend play what sounded like two guitars :shock: what was this amazing sound? He said it was called classical guitar! Oh I was 18 and now I'm 38 and I've been in love ever since. Currently I'm working on Julio S Sagreras book 2 lesson 18 and I plan on going through all books. You can find me playing books 1-2 on YouTube at ThePeteri

My name is
Peter Dutton

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: Good morning from Houston Texas! New guy here

Post by GeoffB » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:49 pm

Hi Peter,

Welcome to the forum! Please have a look at this page for some useful information to get you started, including links to the rules and helpfiles. You now have access to all members' scores and recordings plus the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels. Just ask if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you around!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

PeterDutton

Post by PeterDutton » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:07 pm

Hi Geoff,

So this is the coolest website ever! I was kinda wondering about getting into the student group if there's going to be a 2017-2018 exam I gotta get my chops up to snuff! 8)

Thanks,
Peter

spanishguitarmusic

Post by spanishguitarmusic » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:18 am

Hi Peter and welcome to the forum!

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:21 pm

PeterDutton wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:07 pm
I was kinda wondering about getting into the student group if there's going to be a 2017-2018 exam I gotta get my chops up to snuff! 8)
I'm expecting there will be another session as usual. Keep watching this topic around the beginning of September for news of that. In the meantime you can view all the previous lessons here without needing to register.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

PeterDutton

Post by PeterDutton » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:11 pm

Thanks!

Return to “Introduce yourself”