Hello from Lincoln, UK

josswinn

Hello from Lincoln, UK

Post by josswinn » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:45 am

Hello, I'm new here and this is my introductory post :-)

I've been playing for about 18 months, taught by Rob Johns in Lincoln, UK. It's a fantastic education in music through the guitar as well as an opportunity to play a variety of handmade guitars that pass through his studio. My own guitar is a Juan Hernandez, Torres, 2011. Rob is a good friend and collaborator with Luthier, Roy Courtnall. Having both Rob and Roy so near to where I live seemed like a rare opportunity and so I will start guitar-making lessons from Roy in a couple of weeks. I'm really looking forward to learning from Roy and hope that guitar making is something that I will continue after my time with him. I am busy getting my workshop (shed) ready and buying tools and materials. My first guitar will be walnut back and sides, spruce top and cedar neck. I'll try to document what I learn and the progress I make over the course of a few months and post it here if people are interested.

Joss

George Crocket

Re: Hello from Lincoln, UK

Post by George Crocket » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:23 am

Hi Joss. Welcome to the Delcamp classical guitar forum. It looks like you have jumped in at the deep end. Doubtless you are aware that there is a great deal of interesting material here on learning to play and on building classical guitars.

If you have not already done so, please have a look at our welcome page for more information about the forum and its rules. Once you have posted a second message you will be able to access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After 20 posts you may subscribe to the 020 usergroup with associated membership privileges including access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library (see here).

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username and edit.

Enjoy your visits.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

James Lister
Luthier

Post by James Lister » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:30 am

Hi Joss,

Welcome to the forum - good to see you here.

James
James Lister, luthier, Sheffield UK

josswinn

Post by josswinn » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:25 pm

Thanks for the welcome, James. I've been told about your fantastic guitars and teaching at Newark College and hope to meet you sometime.

Return to “Introduce yourself”