Greetings from Blue Mountains Australia

johnwmclean

Greetings from Blue Mountains Australia

Post by johnwmclean » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:42 am

Hello Delcamp forum!

I’m a long time guitar enthusiast, been playing for over 30 years now, classical for the last 15 exclusively. A few months ago I ordered a guitar from Jim Redgate to keep my enthusiasm from waning.

I’ve been a long time lurker of this marvellous site, I now look forward to some active participation. My musical tastes are very board, apart from the classical guitar repertoire, I enjoy listening to many artists and genres, I happily enjoy Bach to Nine Inch Nails depending on the weather.

Greetings,
John

oski79

Re: Greetings from Blue Mountains Australia

Post by oski79 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:07 am

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:46 am

Hi John

Welcome to the forum.

Peter (Sydney)

johnwmclean

Post by johnwmclean » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:53 am

Thanks Peter!

Whiteagle

Post by Whiteagle » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:13 am

Hi John. Welcome to the site. Be interested to hear your views about the redgate. What do you play now?

Contreras

Post by Contreras » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:39 pm

Welcome from me too John - I love the mountains

Simon (Sydney)
Put down the bagpipes ...
... and no one gets hurt.

Malto069

Post by Malto069 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:59 am

Hi John,

Greetings from another forum newcomer. If you have time to post some pics of your Redgate when it arrives, I'd be one of the many to enjoy viewing them!

I recently took possession of a LH Raimundo - mid range model that is nice to mess around on, but I aspire to build something for myself when I find the time.

Regards,

Matt
Tassie.

Return to “Introduce yourself”