Hello from Samsun, Turkey

Ibrahim Cin

Post by Ibrahim Cin » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:22 pm

My Name is Ibrahim Cin. I am from north of Turkey. I studied engineering. I have traveled and worked in different countries. I wanted to have some hobbies before my retirement and I selected classical guitar as my hobby. I always liked classical guitar sound. I haven’t taken music lessons in my formal school life. I started learning to read the notes in Lagos, Nigeria with the help of a young classical guitar teacher before my retirement. I completed Volume 1 level. After settling down in Samsun I reviewed Volum1 with a classic guitar teacher and now I am in the middle of Volume 2. I have to move Istanbul next month and I will continue for a while without a teacher. Thank you having me here.

oski79

Re: Hello from Samsun, Turkey

Post by oski79 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:53 pm

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: Hello from Samsun, Turkey

Post by GeoffB » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:41 pm

Hello Ibrahim, and welcome! Your username is now changed as you requested earlier. Enjoy the forum!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Return to “Introduce yourself”