Hello from Yorkshire England

Skyblue

Hello from Yorkshire England

Post by Skyblue » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:57 pm

I took classical guitar lessons in the 80's for about 8 years and took my Grade 5 exam. Also the Grade 5 Theory exam. Unfortunately for various reasons I didn't play again for 17 years. Recently started learning accoustic guitar. I also play piano up to a similar standard as classical guitar. Sadly I have had a finger injury on the middle finger of my left hand (mallet finger) and am devastated. I am also left handed. Has anyone had this injury and were you able to play again? The playing of music is for me hugely therapeutic and I am so upset this has happened. Regards

oski79

Re: Hello from Yorkshire England

Post by oski79 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:26 pm

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

James Lister
Moderator & Luthier
Moderator & Luthier

Re: Hello from Yorkshire England

Post by James Lister » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:40 am

Welcome to theforum Skyblue.

Sorry to hear about your finger injury. Assuming you play left-handed, i.e. pluck with your left hand, then I know at least one player who manages very successfully using only two plucking fingers.

I'd suggest making a separate post about your injury in this section: viewforum.php?f=71- it's likely to get a better response.

James
James Lister, luthier, Sheffield UK

Return to “Introduce yourself”