New old boy on the block

sayerboy

New old boy on the block

Post by sayerboy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:49 pm

Hello from Art. Living in Lincoln UK. Probably the oldest member to come on board, I am 86 been trying to play this wonderful instrument for three years using mostly the internet. Do no play any other instrument. I am trying to learn to play classical music but also love the older melodic music such as 'Stardust' 'Autumn Leaves' etc. At the moment I am using Jerry Willard's book Fifty Easy Guitar Pieces. Would describe myself as a late beginner early intermediate player. I know I shall never be a master guitarist but want to progress so that at least my listeners will not have to use ear plugs. Sorry to be a bit long winded but Hi to all the readers of this post. Thanks Bi.

oski79

Re: New old boy on the block

Post by oski79 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:01 pm

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

musicstand

Post by musicstand » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:49 am

Hello New old boy on the block,
Greetngs from another 1931 guy in ON. Canada. I am glad you have found the nicest place for classical guitar enthusiasts. I have returned after a few years of inactivity. I have found the guitar forgets you if you do not play regularly.Jim.

sayerboy

Post by sayerboy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:58 am

Hello Jim,
Thanks for your welcome nice to know I am not alone as an 86yr old. Need to do some study of the way the forum works but looks like I have found a great place to find help and encouragement.Art.

spanishguitarmusic

Post by spanishguitarmusic » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:09 am

Hello Jim and welcome to the forum! This is the place to be for everything classical guitar!

Return to “Introduce yourself”