Re-Newed Member Here from Cincinnati, Ohio

marcwhitsett

Re-Newed Member Here from Cincinnati, Ohio

Post by marcwhitsett » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:04 am

I originally joined the forum back in 2014 but have not posted in some time for various reasons. Thankfully the Admins have renewed my membership [thank you!] without little to do.

While not a professional classical guitarist I do have a passion for the classical guitar, and recently have become more active with my playing due to illness. Seeking relief from the Internet as a whole, it is great to be back to the forum and I hope to have enough time to dedicate here.

I started playing guitar as a 9-year-old, was actually a clarinet major in college, but focused mostly on folk/ rock, etc. with guitar until 2004 when I developed a sudden urge to learn CG. Since then I have not looked back.

I am 63 years old, and I am not a luthier, but would love to find a good one in my area that can repair / fine tune guitars [Cincinnati had one, but he moved].

My biggest issue is always wanting "another guitar”, but my wife holds me to the fire. Heaven is a room full of high end guitars for the taking! I remind myself that it is the player that makes a great guitar.

Cheers.

George Crocket

Re: Re-Newed Member Here from Cincinnati, Ohio

Post by George Crocket » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:15 am

Hi Marc. Welcome back. To keep your membership going all you need to do is maintain an average of at least one post for each month of your membership (ie post 6 messages today and you are good for 6 months), AND formally log in to the forum once per year.

There will probably have been some changes, so please have a look at our welcome page where there is more information about the forum and its rules. Once you have posted a second message you will be able to access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After 20 posts you may subscribe to the 020 usergroup with associated membership privileges including access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library (see here).

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username and edit.

See you around.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

marcwhitsett

Re: Re-Newed Member Here from Cincinnati, Ohio

Post by marcwhitsett » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:50 pm

Thank you, George. Very helpful information. Hope to keep it going.

Cheers.

Marc

Return to “Introduce yourself”