Greetings from Pacific, Missouri.

Detectorist

Greetings from Pacific, Missouri.

Post by Detectorist » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:58 pm

Interested in Learning to play classical guitar. Have never played before. Just purchased a new Yamaha C40 with a tuner.

My immediate goal is to learn so e of the basics from resources, such as YouTube before taking formal lessons.

Any recommendations from folks on here regarding books and CDs would be most helpful.

John

Erik Zurcher

Re: Greetings from Pacific, Missouri.

Post by Erik Zurcher » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:13 pm

Hello John and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Detectorist

Post by Detectorist » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:33 am

I think I posted this story on here before I was really active.

I was in the Army in the mid 1970s and lived in Germany 1976 to 1978. A couple of my older German friends invited me to a concert by a well known guitarist. Back then I loved classical music, mostly Mozart. I didn't know anything about classical guitar.

So, the night of the concert there was a terrible snow storm and only about 25 people showed up in a theatre that held probably 1200.

The guitarist held my attention for about 2 hours with beautiful music. After the concert we were invited back stage to meet the artist. We mingled and drank wine and I was able to have a good conversation in Spanish with him.

Only later did I realize that this "pretty good" guitarist was Andres Segovia.

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:30 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum! Good luck with your guitar studies. There's a lot of material available on this site to help to get you started.

Return to “Introduce yourself”