Greetings from Brooklyn

cuajil

Greetings from Brooklyn

Post by cuajil » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:36 am

Hi All,

I'm cuajil and I live in Brooklyn. I studied classical guitar for 10 years starting in my teens. I took lessons during that time and was pretty serious about it. I was in my university's guitar quartet and performed regularly, both with the quartet and solo. Eventually I made it to first guitar even though I wasn'ta music major. I did have enough credits in guitar performance and music theory to have a minor in musical performance but I never really pursued the title, I did it just because I liked it.

About 15 years ago I pretty much stopped playing or practising with any regularity. Now, I really want to get back into it and decided to join the forum for some guidance or inspiration. I'm not looking to take lessons again right now, but I do want to start working on my technique and some repertoire.

I'm very much looking forward to getting involved with a classical guitar community again!!!

Thanks for reading!

cuajil

oski79

Re: Greetings from Brooklyn

Post by oski79 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:22 am

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:52 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum!

punyama

Post by punyama » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:04 am

Hi Cuajil!

It's never too late to get back into something, especially something you have passion for. I wish you the best of luck with finding inspiration- this forum is full of it!

From a kid in a neighboring borough,
Phoebe

Return to “Introduce yourself”