Hello from New York

punyama

Hello from New York

Post by punyama » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:31 am

Hi, my name is Phoebe and I'm 20 years old. I just started taking lessons on the classical guitar in the beginning of my freshman year in college. It was a bit easier to learn since I had experience with reading sheet music and playing the piano when I was younger. My sophomore year I decided to pursue an undergraduate degree in music and got into the program at my school! I've been improving a lot and straying away from learning too many romantic pieces since my teachers have told me to explore other styles and learn some Bach. I've been working on the prelude and allegro from BWV 998 this summer to prepare for the upcoming junior semester and I think I will have it memorized by then. I learned the fugue last semester so hopefully I'll be able to perform the whole suite in the student recital. Most of the answers to my questions have been found in this forum and I thought it would be a great idea to join. It's nice to meet you all.

:merci:
Phoebe B.

oski79

Re: Hello from New York

Post by oski79 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:25 am

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

lagartija

Post by lagartija » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:41 pm

Welcome to Delcamp, Phoebe! We are glad you found us and decided to come out of the lurker's closet! Hope to see you often around the forum.
:bye:
When the sun shines, bask.
__/^^^^^o>
Classical Guitar forever!

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:44 pm

Hello Phoebe, welcome to the forum!

Mickmac

Post by Mickmac » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:34 am

Hi Phoebe,
I love Bach too. Although not up to your standard I think. Perhaps you'll post some recordings of your playing from BMV 998 here. It's one of my favorites.

Return to “Introduce yourself”