New Forum Member

Gallagher

New Forum Member

Post by Gallagher » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:13 pm

Hi Everyone,

My name is Steven Gallagher, I'm from Connecticut, USA and I'm 44 years young :D Inspired by some Julian Bream records my Dad played on the stereo at home when I was a kid I studied the classical guitar formally and pretty seriously from age 9 to about 20. I dreamed about having a guitar concert career but somehow never completely wanted to be a professional because I didn't think the musician life was quite right for me so I went into my Dad's business, got married to a lovely woman, and now have three beautiful children. I still kept up my playing here and there over the years and lately have been taking it seriously again going over all the pieces and studies I learned in my youth and attempting new pieces though my memory and ability to learn new works isn't what it used to be.

Another classical guitarist friend of mine recommended this forum to me because he said that people post their recordings and get feedback so that is definitely a motivation for me right now as I try to get back into playing seriously again. So I hope to share my recordings with all of you and join in musical conversations too.

Thank you,

Steven Gallagher

Vito Simplicio
Composer & Moderator
Composer & Moderator

Re: New Forum Member

Post by Vito Simplicio » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:30 pm

Hello Steven,

Welcome!!
Gallagher wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:13 pm
So I hope to share my recordings with all of you and join in musical conversations too.
That's great, we are looking forward to it.

To get a complete understanding of this forum including links to the rules and help files, it is highly recommended that you take a look at :arrow: New member greeting page. Once you have posted a second message you will be able to access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels.

On another note, it's interesting and helpful to know where our members live so please consider adding your location by going to your username link at the top right corner and clicking on “User Control Panel.”

:merci: and enjoy your time with us.

Vito
( vitO )===:::

Oberg (2008)
Takamine C136S (1977)

Classical Guitar Forum

Gallagher

Post by Gallagher » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:24 pm

Vito Simplicio wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:30 pm
Hello Steven,

Welcome!!
Gallagher wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:13 pm
So I hope to share my recordings with all of you and join in musical conversations too.
That's great, we are looking forward to it.

To get a complete understanding of this forum including links to the rules and help files, it is highly recommended that you take a look at :arrow: New member greeting page. Once you have posted a second message you will be able to access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels.

On another note, it's interesting and helpful to know where our members live so please consider adding your location by going to your username link at the top right corner and clicking on “User Control Panel.”

:merci: and enjoy your time with us.

Vito
Thank you Vito for such a nice welcoming message! :D I put my location now using the control panel, thanks for the tip. Looking forward to participating here. I really like the nice collection of smilies and emojis on this forum :D

Thanks again, Steve

:merci:

Paul Janssen

Post by Paul Janssen » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:43 pm

Hi Stephen,

Welcome to the forum. I look forward to hearing some of your recordings in the future.

All the best,

Paul (from Australia)

Vito Simplicio
Composer & Moderator
Composer & Moderator

Post by Vito Simplicio » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:45 pm

:okok:
( vitO )===:::

Oberg (2008)
Takamine C136S (1977)

Classical Guitar Forum

tormodg

Post by tormodg » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:49 pm

Welcome!
2017 Yngvar Thomassen spruce
1994 Alhambra 6P (cedar, battered, broken and repaired)
+ various steel string and electric guitars

Sold: 2014 Alhambra Linea Profesional (spruce)

errrtoffie

Post by errrtoffie » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:44 am

Hello! and welcome to the forum

there's a lot of learning materials here i think 3 years is not enough to finish them all :) have fun

Return to “Introduce yourself”