Greeting from Manchester, UK

rikroberts

Greeting from Manchester, UK

Post by rikroberts » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:43 pm

Hello everyone,

I have just joined the forum, and here is a quick introduction.

My name is Rik Roberts, I am a Classical Guitar teacher here in Cheshire, just south of Manchester, UK. I run my own little music school and whilst my main income is from teaching, I do perform as well, mostly at commercial events, functions and weddings.

I studied Classical Guitar at Birmingham Conservatoire under Simon Dinnigan in the 1990s, prior to that I was a student of a very young Craig Ogden, who was completing his studies at the Royal Northern College of Music at the time.

I have been reading this forum for a while now and I am very much looking forward to contributing.

Many thanks for reading.
Best,
Rik

oski79

Re: Greeting from Manchester, UK

Post by oski79 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:12 am

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

James Lister
Luthier

Post by James Lister » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:55 am

Hi Rik,

Welcome to the forum! Everyone is generally pretty friendly here so hopefully you'll soon feel at home.

Are you a member of the Chester guitar Circle? I've been once to give talk, but it's too far for me to go regularly. Manchester is closer, but I've still only been a couple of times as it's still quite a trek.

James
James Lister, luthier, Sheffield UK

alanmdenny

Post by alanmdenny » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:29 pm

Hi Rik, I have just joined this forum too. You sound a very accomplished classical guitarist. My stepson and his family live in Middlewich in Cheshire and my wife and I often travel there to see our grandchildren. I am much less accomplished as a musician but do produce transcriptions with Finale, I play guitar for my Church, I am a member of a charity band, and also a ukelele band. I shall certainly look forward to seeing your contributions. Best regards

rikroberts

Post by rikroberts » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:56 pm

Thank you Oski79, James and Alan for making me feel welcome.

Alan, I also get to play guitar at my church, though not in the worship band, as I teach the night they rehearse. Maybe that will change sometime soon. Best, Rik

doingmything

Post by doingmything » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:59 pm

Have you got a site? Pm me? I may need a teacher if I plateau teaching myself.

Return to “Introduce yourself”