Greetings from Stockholm

MaritoNelson

Greetings from Stockholm

Post by MaritoNelson » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:37 am

Hello Guitar friends!

My name is Mario and I am originally from Montevideo, Uruguay. I lived in Sweden for 33 years. I have played the guitar for exactly 3 years now. It all started out that I wanted to play reggae because I find that type of music relaxing and I also like to sing. For technical reasons I started to play some classic music. And the misstake I did was to start with Tarregas capricho arabe. Very hard piece and I ended with hurting my wrist, so i changed to some easier pieces, like Adelita, lagrima, romance, scales and plucking chords. I like Latin American folklore very much.

Im self-taught, and I have a lot to work on. Specially hard I find it to play pieces that I don't get the "feeling" for, and there aren't a lot of classic music that is in my taste. I am a big fan of Barrios - Mangore, but his music is extremely demanding for my experience even though I play 8 bars of andante religioso and prelude saudade, 5 bars of Julia Florida and 4 bars of Estilo Uruguayo. Resently I found a piece thats written by Jose Luis Gonzales with is called "Amor Profundo" The sad thing is that I haven't learned to read music notes, I only read tabs and watch videos. I have the notesheet and if anybody is feeling kind to translate it in to tab :)

If anything just ask! I want to learn and share! Have a nice day!!

Best regards,
Mario

James Lister
Luthier

Re: Greetings from Stockholm

Post by James Lister » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:02 am

Hi Mario,

Welcome to Delcamp!

Please feel free to join in with existing discussions, or to start your own topic. The members here are very friendly and supportive, and if you need any extra help, you can ask one of the moderators (usernames shown in green, except mine, which is purple, as I'm also a luthier).

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please follow this link: Our welcome page

You already have access to all members' scores and recordings. After your second message has been approved, you will have access to the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. When you have posted 20 messages, you will be able to subscribe to the 020 group, which will allow you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit.

We recommend that members add their location in their profile - to do so just click on your name at the top right of the page, select "User Control Panel", then on the "Profile" tab, and enter your town/region/country in the "Location" field.

Enjoy the forum!

James
James Lister, luthier, Sheffield UK

errrtoffie

Post by errrtoffie » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:14 am

Same here ! Im a self taught guitarist I fallen in love to the sound of julian bream from his recording bach and francisco tarrega

We have the same mistake when im a beginner I started studying tremolo with the piece of recuerdos of tarrega and that was so painful to my wrist and of course to myself but thanks to that I learned how to discipline myself and learned to strecth my muscle before play a guitar .

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:36 am

Hello Mario, welcome to the forum!

MaritoNelson

Post by MaritoNelson » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:32 am

Thank you very much guys! Yes I also learned now to do proper warm up and stretching. And one thing that is very helpful is lifting small weight excersises.

Sincerly

Return to “Introduce yourself”