Introduction by Dave Brookes of Birmingham, UK

dave brookes

Introduction by Dave Brookes of Birmingham, UK

Post by dave brookes » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:54 pm

Hi everybody. I join you as a life-long lover of the classical guitar (I'm now in my late 60's).

Since my first guitar, when I was about 13, I've loved playing, devising arrangements and creating original compositions. Retirement from work allowed me to devote more time to the guitar and, at this very late stage, I started having lessons. I worked through the ABRSM exams 5 to 7 and the theory exam at Grade 5. I'm unlikely to attempt the grade 8 exam because, despite my best efforts, my sight-reading remains poor. Also after my retirement, I joined an amateur ensemble and have, since then have moved onto another one for more advanced players of the guitar. This is the Central England Guitar Ensemble which is based in Birmingham UK and is run by the professional guitarist Andrew Gough.

My greatest pleasure is in arranging and composing for guitar - mostly solo but also some duet and ensemble pieces. For several years I've been posting these on various websites and have been very interested in following their progress (or lack of it). A number of my ensemble pieces have been performed by several amateur ensembles around the world as I discovered when I trawled through YouTube. Also, the ensemble of which I am a member has performed a couple of my pieces.

As a member of this community, I look forward to joining in the discussions, enjoying the music produced by its members and sharing my own creations with the community.

James Lister
Luthier

Re: Introduction by Dave Brookes of Birmingham, UK

Post by James Lister » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:20 pm

Hi Dave,

Welcome to Delcamp!

Please feel free to join in with existing discussions, or to start your own topic. The members here are very friendly and supportive, and if you need any extra help, you can ask one of the moderators (usernames shown in green, except mine, which is purple, as I'm also a luthier).

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please follow this link: Our welcome page

You already have access to all members' scores and recordings. After your second message has been approved, you will have access to the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. When you have posted 20 messages, you will be able to subscribe to the 020 group, which will allow you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit.

We recommend that members add their location in their profile - to do so just click on your name at the top right of the page, select "User Control Panel", then on the "Profile" tab, and enter your town/region/country in the "Location" field.

Enjoy the forum!

James
James Lister, luthier, Sheffield UK

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:44 am

Hello Dave and welcome to the forum!

Stephen Kenyon
Teacher

Post by Stephen Kenyon » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:42 am

Welcome from down south Dave, look forward yo seeing your pieces 😎
Simon Ambridge Series 40 (2005)
Trevor Semple Series 88 (1992)
Louis Panormo (1838)
Alexander Batov Baroque Guitar (2013)

CathyCate

Post by CathyCate » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:55 pm

Welcome and way to go. I Luuuuuv guitar ensemble music!

Return to “Introduce yourself”