Hello from Cape Town

msb

Hello from Cape Town

Post by msb » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:07 pm

I am based in Cape Town and have been playing classical guitar for about 10 years. I have not taken lessons and have attempted to teach myself using the Noad books and other online resources. I also play (or attempt to play) jazz guitar both on nylon string and electric. I really only play guitar for my own satisfaction and find it a valuable source of absorbing mental relaxation. I am fond of quite a wide range of music, but particularly enjoy latin american composers particularly Bruwer, although I am also partial to a spot of Dowland too!

One of the reasons that I have just joined this forum is that I am currently wrestling with a decision whether or not to purchase my first luthier made guitar from a well known local luthier. I currently play on a fairly inexpensive Esteve, so I feel that this would be quite a big step up and probably more efficient long term than buying multiple slightly better guitars (and selling them on) over time. I will post more about my decision and neuroses later :D

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: Hello from Cape Town

Post by GeoffB » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:48 pm

Hi msb,

Welcome to the forum! Please have a look at this page for some useful information to get you started, including links to the rules and helpfiles. You now have access to all members' scores and recordings plus the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels. Just ask if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you around!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

jgiddings

Re: Hello from Cape Town

Post by jgiddings » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:51 am

Hello, and welcome to the forum.
My 2 cents: Buy the guitar of your dreams. Lesser instruments come and go (usually at a loss). A great guitar inspires you, and over a lifetime of playing costs almost nothing. Good luck!
-Jim

Return to “Introduce yourself”