Hello from Florida, USA

tackle

Hello from Florida, USA

Post by tackle » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:53 am

A beginner and quick study, I have only recently picked up the guitar without a beer in my other hand. My wife plays fine and I have supported her habit for as long as it took to provide her with four acoustic, an electric, a resonator, tambourine, bongos, a couple of amps, mic, a banana that rattles (always a hit at jam sessions), and of course, the cowbell. I finally decided to learn and wow, I've been missing out. I really enjoy it and now have added another used inexpensive acoustic to the mix about six months ago. It is one that I can travel with (for work) and not care too much if it gets dinged up.
Guitars are intriguing. There are so many different sounds, shapes, styles of music. I have jumped in with both feet and find myself fascinated with classical guitars as well. I’ve now picked up a couple of used classical guitars. Had to get two, of course; one for the wife. I’m digging it. I like the wider neck, feel, and sound of the classical guitars. And then found this site… a nice global community of musicians. So here I am. Hello. Nice to meet you :)

Erik Zurcher

Re: Hello from Florida, USA

Post by Erik Zurcher » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:03 am

Hello tackle and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:03 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum!

OldC1guy

Post by OldC1guy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:29 am

Welcome from Spring Hill.
I bought my classical guitar before my first marriage. That didn’t last, but the guitar did; one of the few things she didn't get...

Jim Imbur
Location: Midway between Lynchburg and Charlottesville Virginia

Post by Jim Imbur » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:21 pm

Welcome! Does "tackle" refer to fishing, football, or something else altogether?

tackle

Post by tackle » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:25 am

ah, well, Tackle is my cat. here's the short story... had a king fish rig still on the rod hanging high on the wall horizontally. spare room. I was on the road. the wife brought a cat home. she's never had a cat before. I was raised with em, but not home to kitty-proof the house. ya gotta make rounds and make sure things are not left out, ya know... like a king fish rig that was not completely cleaned or entirely out of reach of a cat that can climb!!
the day after bringing him home, the my wife was tanking him to the vet to have the treble hook removed from the roof of his mouth and the single taken out of his chest. thankfully, neither hook was too deep and the one in the mouth not past the barb.
then I explained to the wife how cats get their names. didn't have to think hard about this one. there were almost too many fun names to choose.
I'll have to pour us a beer for the long version :)

Return to “Introduce yourself”