Hello from Colorado USA

CraigInColorado

Hello from Colorado USA

Post by CraigInColorado » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:49 pm

Hi,

I am an amateur luthier living in Highlands Ranch, Colorado. I am now retired after working in the US space program and Silicon Valley computer industry. I started making and selling musical instruments (Appalachian Mountain Dulcimers) in 1970 but stopped for about 40 years to focus on my engineering career and family. Retirement brought me back to all my old tools and love of instrument making, so I created a workshop, attended the Colorado School of Lutherie, built an OM and a Dreadnaught acoustic guitar, a hammered dulcimer, and am now working on several classical guitars. I started playing guitar (poorly) in college through my interest in folk music (hence the interest mountain dulcimers) but pretty much stopped playing for many, many years, But I always continued listening to great guitar music of all kinds as I dreamed of making a guitar of my own someday. So here I am. I love learning so much from this forum and look forward to contributing when I can.

Craig

Erik Zurcher

Re: Hello from Colorado USA

Post by Erik Zurcher » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:50 pm

Hello Craig and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:14 pm

Hello Craig, welcome to the forum!

CraigInColorado

Post by CraigInColorado » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:16 am

Thanks! I'm looking forward to learning a lot!

El_Slugerro

Post by El_Slugerro » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:36 pm

Hey Craig! Another Coloradan here, welcome.

Return to “Introduce yourself”