Hi there all, the way from Bolivia

Carlos Alborta

Hi there all, the way from Bolivia

Post by Carlos Alborta » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:44 pm

Dear all,
My name is Carlos and I enjoy the oportunity this forum provides to students like myself. I took a few classical guitar lessons decades ago, being 54, and I regret having discontinuated it all. I might have to restart all over again. Self training is tough but this forum will prove useful in my circunstances.
At present, I teach musicology at an institute in La Paz.
Cheers.
Carlos

George Crocket

Re: Hi there all, the way from Bolivia

Post by George Crocket » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:21 pm

Hi Carlos. Welcome to the forum. The forum certainly helps learning, as should your musical experience. Good luck.

If you have not already done so, please have a look at our welcome page for more information about the forum and its rules. Once you have posted a second message you will be able to access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After 20 posts you may subscribe to the 020 usergroup with associated membership privileges including access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library (see here).

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username and edit.

See you around.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

fixie

Post by fixie » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:06 am

Greetings,we both joined today.
We are around the same age and I can sympathize with your sense of regret...the main thing is not to look back,but forward.
All the best on this exciting journey.

Pill

Post by Pill » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:14 pm

Carlos, I'm 62 and I've just begun. It is giving me great pleasure. I don't compare myself with others but rather look to my incremental progress . I'm convinced that with consistent , deliberate practice , we can all learn to play the instrument pleasantly.

Frousse

Post by Frousse » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:25 pm

Bienvenido, Carlos. I hope you get to enjoy your time learning and playing the guitar. Good luck!

Carlos Alborta

Post by Carlos Alborta » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:38 pm

fixie wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:06 am
Greetings,we both joined today.
We are around the same age and I can sympathize with your sense of regret...the main thing is not to look back,but forward.
All the best on this exciting journey.
Thank you fixie, let us share experiences, and, if need be, let us share guitar music. I should get used to this website, as a first step.
Best regards,
Carlos :D

Carlos Alborta

Post by Carlos Alborta » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:46 pm

Pill wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:14 pm
Carlos, I'm 62 and I've just begun. It is giving me great pleasure. I don't compare myself with others but rather look to my incremental progress . I'm convinced that with consistent , deliberate practice , we can all learn to play the instrument pleasantly.
Hi Pill,
Thank you. It is good to know you get the best of consistent practice. Your words are encouraging.
We will get in touch, should I get lost along the route. Iam still getting used to this website.
Best regards,
Carlos

Carlos Alborta

Post by Carlos Alborta » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:49 pm

Hi Frousse,
Thank you. It is encouraging to get to know people who are also interested on learning classical guitar.
Best regards,
Carlos

Return to “Introduce yourself”