Hello from Newcastle on Tyne, England

Geordie

Hello from Newcastle on Tyne, England

Post by Geordie » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:43 am

I'm a complete novice as far as playing a classical guitar is concerned. I played trombone in a trad. Jazz band in the 1950's but job and marriage took me away from playing but my musical interests continued mainly via records/CD's. Now in my mid 80's, I am fit and mentally active and wanted to continue mental stimulation. What better than to take up playing a classical guitar, who's sound I really love.
I do not want to be tied to turning up for regular guitar lessons and so decided to get some information on playing from books and sources such as classicalguitardelcamp.com. I have just bought a beautiful "Artisan" Japanese made guitar from a gentleman who bought it new in 1984 and it is in almost mint condition with only a couple of slight marks. I love it and the guitar itself prompts me to practice and learn something new each day. I now hardly speak to my wife I'm so busy!
I want to know more about my guitar so any info from others would be more than welcome.
Geordie

George Crocket

Re: Hello from Newcastle on Tyne, England

Post by George Crocket » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:04 pm

Hi Geordie. Welcome to the Delcamp classical guitar forum. Lots of older beginners hereto tell you how its done, and lots of experts for guidance too. :discussion:

If you have not already done so, please have a look at our welcome page for more information about the forum and its rules. Once you have posted a second message you will be able to access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After 20 posts you may subscribe to the 020 usergroup with associated membership privileges including access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library (see here).

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username and edit.

Enjoy your visits.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

CathyCate

Post by CathyCate » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:18 pm

Welcome! I am almost 70 and recognize Newcastle on Tyne as the place from which my first Classical Guitar periodical subscriptions were processed and mailed. I waited monthly for each issue to arrive then devoured it cover-to-cover. My how things have changed. Thanks for the sweet memories :)

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:05 pm

Hello CathyCate
Nice you know of Newcastle in a guitar way.
Take care.

Return to “Introduce yourself”