G'day from Melbourne

jasonquick

G'day from Melbourne

Post by jasonquick » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:10 am

Hi everyone

My intro!

I just purchased a classical guitar... love it, and looking forward to learning.

I come from a family of high end musicians... too bad I didn't take their advice earlier... while I had a crack at guitar and other instruments when I was younger, I'm now 44 and consider myself a complete novice... although it's never too late.

I grabbed myself a La Patrie Concert. I love it. And yes, my eeny weeny hands have me worried. I was originally looking for a 7/8 in solid wood, but the price for these in Australia was more than my novice budget.

Anyways, cheers for reading.

Jase in Melbourne, Australia.

George Crocket

Re: G'day from Melbourne

Post by George Crocket » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:15 am

Hi Jase. Welcome to Delcamp. It's never too late to learn classical guitar. There are certainly plenty of people and resources here to help.

If you have not already done so, please have a look at our welcome page for more information about the forum and its rules. Once you have posted a second message you will be able to access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After 20 posts you may subscribe to the 020 usergroup with associated membership privileges including access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library (see here).

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username and edit.

See you around.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

tom3949

Post by tom3949 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:03 am

Hi Jason. G'day from sunny Liverpool.

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:59 pm

Hi Jason

Welcome to the forum. There's a few Aussies here.

Regards
Peter (Sydney)

CathyCate

Post by CathyCate » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:00 pm

Welcome! 44 sounds pretty young and low mileage to many of us. Never too late is the right attitude. Keep your left thumb behind the neck and your small hand will accomplish big things.

martinardo

Post by martinardo » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:45 pm

G'day jase and welcome. And good on you for taking the plunge. The good news is that if you're a

complete novice then your work there is done and you can move on to study other things. This is just

the place for you. Learn On ! :D

Cheers, martinardo (from s.w. vic.)
I'm pink therefore I'm Spam

Return to “Introduce yourself”