Greetings from Albuquerque

Alberto

Greetings from Albuquerque

Post by Alberto » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:50 pm

Salutations!

For the first time ever, I join a board/site where my actual name has not been taken as username. So that's a great start for me.
I have never played classical guitar. I play jazz and some blues on arch tops and electrical guitars, at a purely amateur level. I have been thinking about some classical guitar instruction as a way to put my hands on the path of rightful technique. And since I need a guitar i was led to this forum to explore reviews and opinions. But there is so much more!

So thanks for having me. Talk soon

Alberto

oski79

Re: Greetings from Albuquerque

Post by oski79 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:49 am

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Rick Hutt

Re: Greetings from Albuquerque

Post by Rick Hutt » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:59 pm

Welcome, Alberto,

I'm a transplanted Albuquerqueano, currently living in Chicago. In exile. Let me suggest that you check out Pimentel & Sons at 3316 Lafayette Dr. N.E. It is perhaps the nicest guitar store in the world, but certainly the best in Albuquerque. They offer instructions for all levels, and of course their guitars are beyond superb. Also, they are a great group of guys who will welcome you warmly to their shop.

Enjoy the forum.
2010 Pimentel & Sons Concert Grand
1970 Taurus (Barcelona)
2009 Ramundi flamenco blanca
1962 Martin 0-16
2000 Martin 000-18
1963 Epiphone 12 Str

Return to “Introduce yourself”