Why I joined Classical Guitar

samreck

Why I joined Classical Guitar

Post by samreck » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:44 pm

I've been playing steel stringed acoustic guitar for about 30 years. I'm 87 years old and want to learn classical guitar because it will require me to learn finger style as opposed to primarily using a pick. As an older individual I need the daily discipline of a progressive approach that will lead me with a step by step approach to learning that will achieve my goal of mastery of the guitar Fretboard.

I hope this site will provide that.

Thank you, samreck

oski79

Re: Why I joined Classical Guitar

Post by oski79 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:05 pm

Welcome to Delcamp, samreck. It's never too late to get started!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Return to “Introduce yourself”