Hello from Wales

splitz

Hello from Wales

Post by splitz » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:31 pm

Hello everyone. I'm new here, but have browsed around the forums - lots of great info.

I'm a reasonably new guitarist, but studied music at university as a brass player. Took about 6 months of lessons about two years ago, but then work got in the way. I've recently picked it up again and have recovered my enthusiasm. Got up to about grade 2 (ABRSM) standard. Looking to self teach for a short while then go back to regular lessons.

Interested in all sorts, but particularly baroque and earlier music. Outside of the classical, I'm also interested in learning jazz guitar. At the moment I'm working out of the Noad book, as well as some odds and ends from when I took lessons before. I'm on a Yamaha C40 at the moment, and I'm happy enough with it - certainly don't feel as though the instrument is holding me back at all.

Anyway, sorry to ramble on, thanks for having me here!

Erik Zurcher

Re: Hello from Wales

Post by Erik Zurcher » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:32 pm

Hello splitz and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

splitz

Post by splitz » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:39 pm

Thanks for the welcome Erik. I've updated my profile with my location.

Anyone have any recommendations on some appropriate music from the score collection for my (meagre) ability (about ABRSM grade 2)? Or is it all going to be a bit advanced?

George Crocket

Post by George Crocket » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:52 pm

Welcome to the forum, Splitz. The score collection is graded, so there is no harm in starting at the beginning and having a quick work through until you find your level. Then it is probably best to slow down to be sure you are not pushing too far too quickly. Good luck.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

mChavez

Post by mChavez » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:16 pm

Hi and welcome!
Good luck with the jazz guitar - you might want to grow a few more fingers on your left hand for all the chords.

splitz

Post by splitz » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:44 am

Thanks guys.

Quick question - where is the graded score library? I can see links to composers music and method books etc - am I just being stupid?

George Crocket

Post by George Crocket » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:40 am

This link should take you to the first three levels - viewforum.php?f=57.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

splitz

Post by splitz » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:36 am

Thanks!

cefyn

Post by cefyn » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:47 am

Croeso Splitz - Good to have another representative from Wales on the forum. There are a few of us now!

Cef
1983 Robert Cross Spruce & IRW

Return to “Introduce yourself”