Hi from Quebec, Canada

Allen Phillips

Hi from Quebec, Canada

Post by Allen Phillips » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:34 pm

Thanks for adding me to the group. I was just looking up a luthier on Google, and I by chance came across a question from a member. I will respond to him after my introduction.
I am a guitar aficionado who started playing many years ago as a teen. With education, marriage, and a career the guitars were locked away for several years to be resurrected five years ago.
As a teen and young adult, I played mostly rock and blues with some ventures into jazz. I continue this today, but have been taking classical guitar with a wonderful young teacher for four years now. My teacher holds a Masters degree in classical guitar from the Université de Quebec a Montreal, and is part of a classical guitar group called Forestare.
While I am learning a great deal about technique, my main interest in these lessons is to develop some level of comfort with music theory and reading...a task I am finding very difficult.
I own several guitars, only two of which are classical guitars. I am very interested in wonderful hand crafted luthier guitars...which brings me to this forum.
Thanks again for the membership.
Allen Phillips

PS.....I was privileged to attend a concert recitation by Segovia...into his eighties...in Montreal many moons ago.

Erik Zurcher

Re: Hi from Quebec, Canada

Post by Erik Zurcher » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:00 pm

Hello Allen and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Tomzooki

Re: Hi from Quebec, Canada

Post by Tomzooki » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:05 pm

Bienvenue!
Benoît Raby, Engelmann sp/Ziricote
Yamaha GC-3A
11-strings alto guitar by Heikki Rousu, sp/indonesian RW

Return to “Introduce yourself”