Hello from Massachusetts

gingko

Hello from Massachusetts

Post by gingko » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:36 pm

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking around this forum for several months and am happy to join the community officially.

I just retired and decided I want to spend a large part of my time doing music. Why not? My main instrument is classical piano which I started playing about 10 years old, took a long break (unfortunately), and started up again with a teacher about 5 years ago. I love Baroque and 20th-21st century music.

I also picked up the ukulele last year, but found that I'm drawn to CG pieces arranged for ukulele. Since I've always loved guitar music and classical guitar music in particular, I now want to do my best to learn classical guitar, right from the beginning. I found a teacher and am ready to go! Very excited about this.

So, I'm a beginner with classical guitar and looking forward to learning a lot from this forum. Hope sometime I'll be able to contribute something.

I'll write about age, fear of injury, and small hands and "classical ukulele" (is that OK?) in other posts. Thanks for reading.

gingko

Erik Zurcher

Re: Hello from Massachusetts

Post by Erik Zurcher » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:45 pm

Hello gingko and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Christopher C.

Post by Christopher C. » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:46 pm

I also started with piano before transitioning to guitar. It helps greatly to give you a foundation in sight-reading and theory.

Welcome to the forum.

gingko

Post by gingko » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:19 pm

Dear Erik and Christopher,

Thank you for your welcomes. This seems like a very well-run forum. It's my pleasure to participate.

I am finding that musical training in different instruments is very helpful with a new instrument: reading and theory, and also interpretation. Just hope my fingers can handle the stretching on the guitar fretboard. :D

Best,
gingko

lagartija

Post by lagartija » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:27 pm

Welcome to Delcamp, Gingko! We are glad that you chose to come out of the lurker's closet! :-D
When the sun shines, bask.
__/^^^^^o>
Classical Guitar forever!

gingko

Post by gingko » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:42 am

Hi lagartija,

With the size of MA, we're practically neighbors.

Thanks for the welcome.

gingko

lagartija

Post by lagartija » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:08 am

You don't say what part of Mass you are from...we really might be neighbors!
__/^^^^^o>

gingko

Post by gingko » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:00 pm

largartija,

Western Worc. county, just east of the Quabbin.

lagartija

Post by lagartija » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:55 pm

Amherst, on the other side of Quabbin. :-)
__/^^^^^o>

Return to “Introduce yourself”