Hello, from Hemet in Southern California!

scubarookie

Hello, from Hemet in Southern California!

Post by scubarookie » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:01 pm

I'm very excited and pleased to join the forum. I'm originally from the Los Feliz area in Los Angeles. I now reside southwest of Palm Springs, in the east Hemet area. Known to some as Valle Vista. I've been playing guitar on and off for several years. I started on a 3/4 size steel string, at age of 12, that was gifted by my uncle Obedio, which also means obedient one. I started by ear and soon after picked up phase 1 and phase 2, of the Ernie Ball books. I have always enjoyed playing, but have had times when I felt too busy, and had other pressing matters. I now work for a local music store known as Harvard Street Music Exchange, in downtown Hemet. I've been playing everyday since recently picking up classical guitars. I love the way they sound; the warmth in tone, nothing like them! I hope to learn and grow with all of you here. Sincerely, Stephen

Erik Zurcher

Re: Hello, from Hemet in Southern California!

Post by Erik Zurcher » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:02 pm

Hello Stephen and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Christopher C.

Post by Christopher C. » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:48 pm

Welcome to the forum, Stephen. I didn't know that Ernie Ball made guitar method books. Very interesting.

scubarookie

Post by scubarookie » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:58 pm

Thank you Christopher, and Erik, for having me here. Yes, it's true. Ernie Ball created the Phase 1 and Phase 2 Guitar books geared more towards a younger audience; however, the attention to detail is great. The drawings and illiastrations are funny, and keep the reader entertained. These are more for a steel string acoustic, as they show how to hold a pick properly and so forth. Great introductory for any beginning student who is enthusiastic about the guitar. At the very least a good starting point. If however, a student is taking classical finger styles it's at least a good reference point. When I was growing up and had a difficult time reading in the 1st grade, I started reading Comicbooks and developed my reading skills then, at a much higher level. That is why the Phase 1and 2 by Ernie Ball, helped so much! Thanks again, much respect.

Return to “Introduce yourself”