The Intro

Nicko

The Intro

Post by Nicko » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:23 pm

Greetings from Nottingham, England.
Came across this site whilst re-stringing my 1977 Alhambra and liked the look of it. Now largely retired, I first took classical lessons to improve my technique for playing traditional music, fell in love with the classical repertoire and ended up doing some moderately successful teaching; worked with a barn dance band, solo, and used folk music and dance as therapy with adults with learning disabilities. Still playing occasional folk gigs using the Alhambra and a Martin 00028 (not sure whether to admit to the banjo and melodeon...oops), and still enjoy arranging and editing, if only to keep brain and ear active! Great admirer of Julian Bream both as a performer and a superb editor. Too many influences to mention other than my teacher, the late and greatly missed Robin Pearson.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: The Intro

Post by GeoffB » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:28 pm

Hi Nicko,

Welcome to the forum! Please have a look at this page for some useful information to get you started, including links to the rules and helpfiles. After your second message has been approved, you will have access to all members' scores and recordings plus the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels. Just ask if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you around!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Stephen Kenyon
Teacher

Post by Stephen Kenyon » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:57 pm

Greetings from down south Nicko 8) sounds good and look forward to your contributions. I too play in a barn dance band, and teach at a place involved with music therapy.
Beware the banjo jokes ...
Simon Ambridge Series 40 (2005)
Trevor Semple Series 88 (1992)
Louis Panormo (1838)
Alexander Batov Baroque Guitar (2013)

portalesman

Post by portalesman » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:46 pm

Welcome! Hope you find some interesting music on the site.
Alvarez MC90

Return to “Introduce yourself”