Returning member from North Carolina

Cheryl Ann Johnson

Returning member from North Carolina

Post by Cheryl Ann Johnson » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:09 pm

Hello!
I have been a member on and off here, but rarely post. In fact I'm rarely on the internet. But every now and then I love to catch up with classical guitar happenings in the world so I re-emerge on the forum. I have played guitar since around age 8, but didn't study seriously until my college years where I started an interest in classical guitar. Now I'm heading for my retirement years and still love the guitar as much as ever. My other love is old time mountain music (the music of the mountains where I live) and I play both fiddle and guitar in band(s) and with other local players. I don't play classical guitar professionally, but occasionally will play for friends/family/acquaintances special occasions. I look forward to hanging around and catching up!!
Best,
Cheryl
Western North Carolina

Erik Zurcher

Re: Returning member from North Carolina

Post by Erik Zurcher » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:16 pm

Hello Cheryl and welcome back to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Cheryl Ann Johnson

Post by Cheryl Ann Johnson » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:39 am

Thank you Erik!! That information is very helpful!
Western North Carolina

Jack Douglas

Post by Jack Douglas » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:19 pm

Hi Cheryl,
Welcome. I'm in Virginia, but am aware of the classical guitar community in Boone and Asheville. If you're near either of these places you'll find a number of fellow guitar enthusiasts.
Hope you enjoy perusing Delcamp and continue your passion for the guitar.
Jack
Hauser III 2014!

Cheryl Ann Johnson

Post by Cheryl Ann Johnson » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:29 am

Thank you Jack! I am aware of the Asheville Classical Guitar Society but did not know about Boone. I'll have to check them out, thank you!
Western North Carolina

Jack Douglas

Post by Jack Douglas » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:45 am

Cheryl Ann Johnson wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:29 am
Thank you Jack! I am aware of the Asheville Classical Guitar Society but did not know about Boone. I'll have to check them out, thank you!
Hi Cheryl,
In Boone, Doug James heads the guitar program at Appalachian State and each year in the Spring organizes a Guitar Festival at AS that is well attended and includes great players. He also has master classes at the festival. Generally there will be guitar purveyors there too.
I don't know of a Guitar Society in Boone.
Jack
Hauser III 2014!

Langvarig

Post by Langvarig » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:19 pm

Hello and welcome! I am curious - what is old mountain music? Will you care to post a recording so we can hear it?
Regards
John

Return to “Introduce yourself”