Hi from the UK

m0rt

Hi from the UK

Post by m0rt » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:51 pm

Hello there.

I have recently decided to start learning classical after 30 years of playing around on steel strung acoustics. So thought it would be prudent to find a forum, such as this, to learn what I can and hopefully give something back whenver the opportunity arises.

One of my goals is to be in such a place with respects to ability to play a transcibed version of Danse Macabre which has been a fixation of mine since childhood.

/Ben

Erik Zurcher

Re: Hi from the UK

Post by Erik Zurcher » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:31 pm

Hello Ben and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

muirtan

Post by muirtan » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:44 pm

Hi Ben welcome. Depending on where in north Wales there are couple of guitar groups if you feel like joining others. If you're thinking of taking lessons, the quickest route to playing, I know of a fantastic teacher just over the border in Shropshire, pm me if you are interested.

Whatever you decide enjoy the journey

m0rt

Post by m0rt » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:03 pm

Thanks for the offer, Muirtan.

I currently engage a teacher this way, literally just up the road from me. I originally started going to get any bad habits pointed out, and maybe improve my music reading. I didn't intend to learn classical, it just so happens he is a mainly classical teacher. The more I learned, the more I started to 'listen' to the music. Then one day I decided to learn classical properly. So I looked for a guitar with a suitable neck, found it and have stepped over, as it were.

I know there is one group that meets in Chester. I am not of a standard, classically, to even attempt that at this stage. It is intersting to re-learn how to play, especially after a few decades of fingerpicking and an anything goes approach to left hand positioning.

muirtan

Post by muirtan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:15 pm

Glad you've got yourself sorted with a teacher, they make such a difference.
If I remember correctly there are a couple of members from north Wales, Arthur G being one.

m0rt

Post by m0rt » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:27 pm

Excellent. I will tap your for some information on those groups, though, when I can PM if you don't mind. I do appreciate you taking the time to let me know about them.

Return to “Introduce yourself”