Hello from California

Juan M Silva
Student of the online lessons

Hello from California

Post by Juan M Silva » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:38 pm

Hello all!
I am a returning to this wonderful forum. I was registered as a D01 student, and unfortunately a heavy workload got the best of me the earlier part of the year. I have tinkered around with the guitar for many years, and now that I am a bit older (maybe not so wiser :? ) I have started walking down this road of learning how to read music, and it has been nothing short of musical joy.
I still sound "plucky" with the strings, and my timing is still off :lol: . I am currently using the Noad method and the Sagreras First Lessons.
GLAD TO BE BACK!
-Juan

oski79

Re: Hello from California

Post by oski79 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:45 pm

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Juan M Silva
Student of the online lessons

Re: Hello from California

Post by Juan M Silva » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:36 pm

Oski,
Thank you for the warm welcome. I am glad that the issue of 'heated debates' was addressed. We must remember to maintain civility at all times, and I wholeheartedly agree with the decision that Prof. Delcamp took to address it .
I will remember to post at least once a month.
Thanks Again,
Juan

Return to “Introduce yourself”