How do from houston.

Joercarlos

How do from houston.

Post by Joercarlos » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:35 pm

Hi, when I get married 18 years ago my wife bought me a electric guitar and since then Ive been trying to learn. I go. through this period of playing for 4 months getting frustrated quit and then sell my guitar. This has gone on for 16 years, so 2 years ago the guitar gods told me to either sit on the pot or get off, no more playing for 4 months then quitting. So i was like ok either do it or spend the rest of your life knowing that you could have learned but chose not to. So I decided to try a different approach and lear classical instead of electric. Bought a classical took 2 lessons and was ok I can do this :P . Then I saw a flamenco video online and that was it I found my passion/torment :lol: .So not knowing a single thing about flamenco I Sold my classical bought a flamenco guitar and have been self teaching for close to 2 years now. The first 8 months was battling that little voice that always told me to quit after 4 months ,lots of begging, pleading to god, trying to convince myself to quit but I dug in and pushed myself, probably the hardest thing Ive done in my life as silly as that may sound, but now that Ive slain at least %75 of my demons, Now Ive grown to love the challenges of learning to play. Every day i try to learn something new either playing or history and hope it never ends.
:merci:

-Joe
“The artist never entirely knows — We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark”

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: How do from houston.

Post by GeoffB » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:15 pm

Hi Joe,

Welcome to the forum! We have some discussion of flamenco here, but mostly we specialize in classical, so maybe in time we'll convert you back again! :wink:

Please have a look at this page for some useful information to get you started, including links to the rules and helpfiles. After your second message has been approved, you will have access to all members' scores and recordings plus the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels. Just ask if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you around!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Texasdave

Post by Texasdave » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:04 pm

Joe;
Welcome from another Texan. Hope you enjoy yourself here !!!
Dave

Joercarlos

Post by Joercarlos » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:46 pm

Howdy! looking forward to checking things out!
“The artist never entirely knows — We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark”

Return to “Introduce yourself”