greetings from Riyadh

mdeeb

greetings from Riyadh

Post by mdeeb » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:59 am

Hello Everyone

I am Mahmoud, I live in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia but I am originally from Egypt

I play guitar for 20 years. I love Classical music above all genres but I play a anything I feel.

I have a few guitars, however I never got the chance to get a decent Classical guitar.

I own/have owned quality Flamenco, electric, basses and acoustic guitars, but the best classical guitars I got now are 2 c40s, 1 Ibanez and 1 Harley Benton nylon electric :D

I mainly use my Flamenca Negra (Spruce/Rosewood) to play classical music since I moved to Saudi Arabia since it is not possible to find a decent music shop here.

I am self taught but I decided to return to basics to refine my playing and currently I am focusing on classical guitar, mostly on You tube.

Cheers
Mahmoud

oski79

Re: greetings from Riyadh

Post by oski79 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:40 am

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

vesa

Re: greetings from Riyadh

Post by vesa » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:51 am

Wellcome Mahmoud!
Vesa Kuokkanen

Antonio Marin nr. 813 1995 (Bouchet)
Vesa Kuokkanen 2016

Return to “Introduce yourself”