Richard's Introduction

RTWCmusic

Richard's Introduction

Post by RTWCmusic » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:28 pm

Hello from Salt Spring Island British Columbia! I have not joined a forum before so I look forward to participating. I am in my sixties now and have been playing guitar since I was seventeen. I began by studying at the Eli Kassner Guitar Academy in Toronto Canada. Steal string folk and blues was next and the thoughtful use of classical technique helped.

Gigging and electric guitar fallowed and full time work in construction. Most of my gigging was and is on the steal string acoustic. The classics got left behind but occasional the Bach Bouree in E minor or a piece by Sor would pop out...

Now semi retired I immerse in music all day most days, A couple of days a week I work gardening or in the Welding Shop. All about music now. I work on the computer composing and the steal string is in the case and the classical guitar always out! One day I look down at my right hand and realized I had long filed finger nails and had done this almost without thinking!

Ah, time to study seriouly again so got out the old books and went looking for music. That lead me to this forum. Now I gig and use both nylon and steal string guitars. Thank you for creating this forum. My name is Richard.

George Crocket

Re: Richard's Introduction

Post by George Crocket » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:24 pm

Hi Richard. Welcome to the forum. It's great that you can enjoy music so much now. :casque:

If you have not already done so, please have a look at our welcome page for more information about the forum and its rules. Once you have posted a second message you will be able to access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After 20 posts you may subscribe to the 020 usergroup with associated membership privileges including access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library (see here).

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username and edit.

See you around.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Paul Janssen

Post by Paul Janssen » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:35 pm

Hi Richard,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your story so far. I loved the line about "the steal string is in the case and the classical always out!" I can't say I've quite got to the point where my steel string is always in its case, but my classical enjoys a good 75 to 80 percent of my attention these days so i can certainly relate to what you're saying.

Cheers,
Paul (Australia)

RTWCmusic

Post by RTWCmusic » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:16 am

Paul Janssen wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:35 pm
Hi Richard,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your story so far. I loved the line about "the steal string is in the case and the classical always out!" I can't say I've quite got to the point where my steel string is always in its case, but my classical enjoys a good 75 to 80 percent of my attention these days so i can certainly relate to what you're saying.

Cheers,
Paul (Australia)
Thank you! Still trying to figure out this software and edit my profile. It keeps telling me my photo is too big it is not. Just made it in paint! The classical guitar seems more at home when I am composing at the computer than the steel. Never played the classical live yet, that's the next step. The rainy season is here, lots of time for guitar practice. Cheers to you too Paul!

George Crocket

Post by George Crocket » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:22 am

Richard, there are limits to the size of images that can be used. This post may help.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Return to “Introduce yourself”