From Texas, USA

JMtruong

From Texas, USA

Post by JMtruong » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:34 pm

Hi members of Classical Guitar,
I would like to introduce myself. JM Truong. I started learning, playing classical guitar 50 years ago (Yes, fifty years). I stopped playing it when I joined the army and after that got lost into daily busy life until I retired few years ago. Surprisingly, when I first tried playing one of my favorite piece again after decades without touching the guitar, I found that I was still be able to play the entire piece, of course not as smoothly as when I was young :D . But at least I did not lose the skill. . . I am not a Luthier but I did make a classical guitar by myself from scrash. It took me six months to get it done. It looks beautiful, but I made a little mistake: The strings were to close to the frets. I am trying to figure out how to fix it. . . Some of my favorite pieces: Cavatina (Stanley Myers), Study in B minor (F. Sor), Murmures (Linnemann), Feste Larianne (Luigi Mozzani) . . .

Vito Simplicio
Composer & Moderator
Composer & Moderator

Re: From Texas, USA

Post by Vito Simplicio » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:46 pm

Hello JM,

Welcome to Delcamp!

So wonderful to hear that you are back to playing the GT. Many of us have had gaps in our playing but found ourselves back in the fold so you are in good company.

To get a complete understanding of this forum including links to the rules and help files, it is highly recommended that you take a look at :arrow: New member greeting page. Once you have posted a second message you will be able to access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels.

On another note, it's interesting and helpful to know where our members live so please consider adding your location by going to your username link at the top right corner and clicking on “User Control Panel.”

:merci: and enjoy your time with us.

Vito
( vitO )===:::

Oberg (2008)
Takamine C136S (1977)

Classical Guitar Forum

Texasdave

Re: From Texas, USA

Post by Texasdave » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:06 am

Welcome aboard from another Texan up Dallas way !!
Sincerely,
Dave

Return to “Introduce yourself”