Greetings from Buenos Aires

Elaionms

Greetings from Buenos Aires

Post by Elaionms » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:55 pm

Hello everyone, i'm Elián from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I play guitar since i was 11 years old ( i'm 20 now). I had lessons when i was 11years old for one year, then started to learn by myself. Currently, i study music in one of the few popular music schools in Latinoamerica (Escuela de Musica Popular de Avellaneda) and i play both guitar and violin. I started learning violin two years ago and its a beautiful instrument, and really hard to learn. I try to practice with both instruments all i can. What i love about guitar is that i can play and discover all kind of combinations of melodies and harmonies. I play classical and electric guitar ( i play electric in a progressive rock band) and i like a lot of musical genres (classical, rock, jazz, tango, folclore latinoamericano, reaggae and all the mixes of those genres). Lately, ive been playing classical guitar a lot, and learning tango and classical scores, so i decide to join here so i can adquire more knowledge and discover new scores to learn.
Its a pleasure to be part of this forum, i send you all a musical hug.
Elián.

oski79

Re: Greetings from Buenos Aires

Post by oski79 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:17 am

Welcome to Delcamp!

I spent ten days in your beautiful city about a year and a half ago. We had a wonderful time. Great food, wine, and tango clubs! My only regret was that my friend, MD Pujol, was out of town at the time so we didn't get a chance to meet up!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Elaionms

Post by Elaionms » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:46 am

Hi oski, thank you very much! Im glad you liked Buenos Aires, its a city with a lot of culture if you know where to look for it. I totally agree about the food, wine and tango :P. Anything you want to know from here you can ask me.
I read the page you linked and now i think i understand better how the forum works and its spirit. I'm not going to start topics until im sure they weren't discussed before. I will add my location right now.
Thanks again, good luck.
Elián

Elaionms

Post by Elaionms » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:04 am

Sorry, can i ask you where to put my location in my profile? i dont see and option for location

Erik Zurcher

Post by Erik Zurcher » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:05 am

- To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Return to “Introduce yourself”