Hello from Vancouver!

Jonnybonbon

Hello from Vancouver!

Post by Jonnybonbon » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:42 pm

Hello all, this is my attempt at an introductory post.

I've been playing guitar since the seventies. I found this site researching the guitar I bought back then - a Yamaha GC 3D. It has been a wonderful guitar for me and I have dragged it all over Canada. I bought a "Mark Leaf" style was for it so it survived a great deal of airline and helicopter travel totally unscathed.

I didn't start out playing classical but upon taking lessons was introduced to it by my teacher. I found it very satisfying to learn pieces that needed no accompaniment to sound full and complete.

Many years have passed and life is funny, I don't play much anymore. Im trying hard to get back to it and sitting here as a result of a frustrating and humbling attempt to pick it up again. Little by little I figure.

I have owned four guitars and still have three. My first was a $20 little spanish (I believe) guitar my sister found me at a garage sale. It sits beside me now but its top is somewhat unglued and generally rough but I shall never part with it. I had a semi hollow body electric Hagstrom which mostly I played classical style (badly). That one I gave away hoping it found a better destiny. Then theres my Yamaha which is really the only one I play, and a 12 string which sits in the living room waiting for someone with the strength to play it.

So yeah, there it is, trying to remember how to play the stuff I used to play at this stage.
Must go, I don't find it easy writing about me :)
Jonny

Erik Zurcher

Re: Hello from Vancouver!

Post by Erik Zurcher » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:53 pm

Hello Jonny and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Jonnybonbon

Re: Hello from Vancouver!

Post by Jonnybonbon » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:39 pm

Thanks Erik!
:D

Return to “Introduce yourself”