from Vashon, Wa.

doughfus

from Vashon, Wa.

Post by doughfus » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:15 pm

Hello all. I'm from Vashon Island Wa. I started playing ukulele around 6 years old and guitar and banjo around 12. Did a lot of figerpickin then discovered Classical Guitar in my 20's. Took lessons and worked hard for several years...then bought a house...got married...raised kids...and playing slipped. I've spent the last 20+ years baking artisan bread in a wood fired oven. pretty much forgot how to play. Maybe you never forget how to ride a bicycle, but guitar is a little trickier. I've been trying to re-learn on my own but it's difficult and frustrating. I'm hoping this forum will be helpful.

thank you
bill
vashon wa.

Erik Zurcher

Re: from Vashon, Wa.

Post by Erik Zurcher » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:36 pm

Hello Bill and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Steve Ganz
Luthier

Post by Steve Ganz » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:55 am

Welcome back Bill
Steve

doughfus

Post by doughfus » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:21 pm

I'm a little unsure of how to proceed. I'm not a beginner but I've forgotten sooo much. the lesson section seems like it is sequential but is run as classes starting on specific dates though out the year. How do I asses where to begin and when sessions or "semester" start and stop?
bill

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:55 pm

Hi Bill,

The classes are posted on particular dates, but in fact new students are joining all the time, so you can just start at lesson 1 of whichever level you think best suits you and then follow on from there, catching up by the end of the course if you can, but even if you don't manage to complete the full course it's still worth doing. You can find the answers to most questions about the lessons here, and if you have any others you can ask in the registration topic here where the lesson moderators will usually be able to advise. The first post of the registration topic also lists the lesson dates and sets out the conditions for participating in them.

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Rick Hutt

Post by Rick Hutt » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:32 pm

Hi Bill, and welcome to the forum. Growing up in Tacoma, I remember many trips to visit Vashon. Beautiful part of the country. I hope you find the forum as enjoyable as I do, and you should know that there many "hiatus" folks here as well.
2010 Pimentel & Sons Concert Grand
1970 Taurus (Barcelona)
2009 Ramundi flamenco blanca
1962 Martin 0-16
2000 Martin 000-18
1963 Epiphone 12 Str

Return to “Introduce yourself”