Classical Guitarist living in the U.K.

Phil McKelliget

Classical Guitarist living in the U.K.

Post by Phil McKelliget » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:39 pm

Hi, my user name is Colin, which is actually the name of my cat. My real name, for the record, is Phil. Anyway, I’ve been playing classical guitar since I was about seventeen, which is around forty five years. I’ve had lessons from time to time but am largely self taught. Mostly I’ve played guitar on my own up in my bedroom, but in recent years I’ve found a duet partner of similar ability and really enjoy making music socially. Also, I now play in an ensemble, which has done wonders for my sight reading and listening skills. I guess the sort of music I like playing most is the sort of music I play well - I like to end up with a polished performance. Improving my sight reading skills has also allowed me to take on some modest performance challenges - occasionally I play at garden parties or open garden events, and on one occasion a wedding. I would never have relied on memory alone in front of an audience but find that having the score to read gives me the confidence I need to perform in public. Anyway, it always seems to go down well. I’ve also in recent years discovered YouTube and now have over six hundred subscribers. You can find me by searching for Phil McKelliget (there, that’s blown my anonymity already). I’ve played a Masaru Kohno since 1983 and have also played a David Argent and a Michael Gee guitars, although I’ve always returned to the Kohno. I have a Philip Woodfield on order. I guess my favourite music would be either South American or English Renaissance, but I’m also keen on baroque and contemporary. So, if anyone wants to fire off a question, please feel free.

Erik Zurcher

Re: Classical Guitarist living in the U.K.

Post by Erik Zurcher » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:49 pm

Hello Phil and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Stephen Kenyon
Teacher

Post by Stephen Kenyon » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:04 am

Welcome to the forum Phil...some of my students have referred to your videos so I already knew your name.
Personally I don't understand why so many wish to be anonymous anyway.
Simon Ambridge Series 40 (2005)
Trevor Semple Series 88 (1992)
Louis Panormo (1838)
Alexander Batov Baroque Guitar (2013)

Phil McKelliget

Post by Phil McKelliget » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:57 pm

Stephen Kenyon wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:04 am
Welcome to the forum Phil...some of my students have referred to your videos so I already knew your name.
Hi Stephen, thanks for responding. It’s strange to think that people are talking about my videos - I hope it’s all nice. :D

Stephen Kenyon
Teacher

Post by Stephen Kenyon » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:58 am

Colin wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:57 pm
Stephen Kenyon wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:04 am
Hi Stephen, thanks for responding. It’s strange to think that people are talking about my videos - I hope it’s all nice. :D
Naturally 8)
Simon Ambridge Series 40 (2005)
Trevor Semple Series 88 (1992)
Louis Panormo (1838)
Alexander Batov Baroque Guitar (2013)

Return to “Introduce yourself”