Hello from Stirling!

ignacio calumarte

Hello from Stirling!

Post by ignacio calumarte » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:07 pm

Hello everyone,

My name is Ignacio, Ive been playing guitar, acoustic, classical, flamenco, electric etc for about 20 years now.
I have had the priviledge to work at the Dundee Guitar festival in Scotland, through which I met some of the greatest players around, to name a few Pavel Steidl, Gerardo Nunez, Paco de Lucia, Tommy Emmanuel, Hugh Burns and of course the organiser of the festival and head of strings in Glasgow Alan Neave.

I look forward to sharing information with you all!

Keep Pumping Nylon!

Erik Zurcher

Re: Hello from Stirling!

Post by Erik Zurcher » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:21 pm

Hello Ignacio and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Stephen Kenyon
Teacher

Post by Stephen Kenyon » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:28 pm

Greetings from down south; I've a fond memory of Dundee in 1998 when I was there for a composers thing, not least because Alan played my piece!
Simon Ambridge Series 40 (2005)
Trevor Semple Series 88 (1992)
Louis Panormo (1838)
Alexander Batov Baroque Guitar (2013)

ignacio calumarte

Post by ignacio calumarte » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:23 pm

very nice stephen!! My time helping out there was much later, 2005-2009.
do you still compose?
did Alan play it right?? ;)

Stephen Kenyon
Teacher

Post by Stephen Kenyon » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:18 pm

ignacio calumarte wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:23 pm
very nice stephen!! My time helping out there was much later, 2005-2009.
do you still compose?
did Alan play it right?? ;)
Not so much and not so ambitious! Yes Alan nailed it, in fact he was just about the only staff member to really nail his assigned piece - maybe he assigned it to himself!
Simon Ambridge Series 40 (2005)
Trevor Semple Series 88 (1992)
Louis Panormo (1838)
Alexander Batov Baroque Guitar (2013)

George Crocket

Post by George Crocket » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:46 am

Hi Ignacio. Welcome to the forum.

I just spent the weekend at the RCS with Allan and his Big Guitar Weekend. Were you there? I never attended the Dundee event, but people still talk of it with the fondest of memories.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Euan Hannah
Amateur luthier

Post by Euan Hannah » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:14 pm

Hi Ignatio, welcome back to Scotland. I think the D G F has become legendary. :)
All the best

ignacio calumarte

Post by ignacio calumarte » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:48 pm

Hello George and Euan!

George:
I wasn't there mate, currently up to my eyes with studying in Stirling! :( I rue the day I decided to go back to uni.
I would recommend the Dundee event if you get a chance, Alan got some of the greatest players around to it.
My personal favorite is Pavel Steidl, he is like nothing I have ever seen! You ever had the chance to see him yet? If one comes up, really should jump at it.
Was the big guitar weekend good? Who did he have done at that?

I also did some work at the Kirkmichael guitar festival before but I don't think its running any more. That was a lot more on the steel string side of things, Martin Taylor, obviously as it was his festival, Martin Simpson was great also. Tommy Emmannuel was good fun. Steve Howe was,... lets say a little difficult to deal with.

HI Euan! yeah, and so it should be too!! It was amazing anytime I was there.My classical, yours, and my japanese strat, with Belfast pickups!, arrive from SIngapore today. I have a feeling I won't get much more study done after they arrive.

ignacio calumarte

Post by ignacio calumarte » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:49 pm

I'm just reading that again George,

So is the Dundee guitar festival no longer? ;(
I've been in Asia for the last 7 years, i've lost touch a bit.

George Crocket

Post by George Crocket » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:50 pm

Yes, I am afraid Dundee is no more. Allan did bring Pavl to Glasgow for a number of years. The stars this year were José Antonio Escobar, Ian Watt and Otto Tolonen. Included in the many events was a very interesting Improvisation Workshop from Malcolm MacFarlane. I had a great time.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Return to “Introduce yourself”