Learning about classical guitar in Cincinnati

rdkissinger

Learning about classical guitar in Cincinnati

Post by rdkissinger » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:41 pm

I am new to the classical guitar. I have played a steel string acousitc (Martin D-28) for 37 years. I just started taking lessons this year to expand my playing capabilities. I also own an electric guitar (Telecaster knock-off) which I play occasionally. Recently a friend of mine offered to let me play her classical guitar. She no longer has any interest in playing. She does not know anything about the guitar, other then that it was purchased in the early 1970"s. The manufacturer's label fell out of the guitar years ago. I did notice that there was a piece of paper taped to the inside back of the guitar. It has Japanese writing on it and looks like a piece of scrap paper from a train schedule. I put new strings on it, and showed it to my guitar instructor. He could not help with the identification either. I plan on posting pictures to the subgroup that specializes in Japanese classical guitars to see if they can help with identification.

oski79

Re: Learning about classical guitar in Cincinnati

Post by oski79 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:32 pm

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

benny

Post by benny » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:52 pm

hey Cincinnati! I spent many years there, around Clifton. Skyline, Bearcats, and Bengals (WHODEY!!).

I had a great classical guitar teacher while I was there and if you would like his info I would gladly pass it along. Although it's been years since I last spoke with him. There are many great teachers around there, with the music school being there and all.

welcome to the forum...

and im sure that mystery guitar is worth at least a million bucks...
2007 Kenny Hill Munich Artisan Series Munich Model
metronome @420
IPA

Todd Tipton
Teacher

Post by Todd Tipton » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:48 pm

Hey, it is good to see someone else currently in Cincinnati. Welcome!
Dr. Todd Tipton, classical guitarist
Cincinnati, OH, USA (available via Skype)
http://www.toddtipton.com

Return to “Introduce yourself”