Hello Again from Kansas

mardeec

Hello Again from Kansas

Post by mardeec » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:37 pm

I got sidetracked with too many home repair projects over the past few months, but I hope to get back to more spending more time with guitar.

I've played guitar and bass for decades, but only recently acquired nylon string guitars, and came to this forum mostly for help with string selection. I also hope to dig into the videos and instruction available here. I have a Cordoba C5-CE, which doesn't sound as good acoustically as the old Yamaha G-231 II I picked up for $80. I almost regret getting the C5-CE; it's not really a "classical guitar, but the thin neck, slightly shorter scale, position markers, and low action makes it great for jazzy chords. Plugged in, it sounds pretty good through a little Roland Cube 10GX amp using the acoustic amp model.

I've picked up a lot of useful information from the forum already, and hope I can contribute some thoughts.

Marty
Manhattan KS

George Crocket

Re: Hello Again from Kansas

Post by George Crocket » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:03 pm

Hi Marty. Welcome back. To maintain your account simply keep up an average of one post for each month of your membership, and formally log in once a year. Do have a quick look at our welcome page in case there have been some changes in our information about the forum and its rules.

I am afraid you have to start from scratch again, so once you have posted a second message you will be able to access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After 20 posts you may subscribe to the 020 usergroup with associated membership privileges including access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library (see here).

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username and edit.

See you around.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Return to “Introduce yourself”