Introduction-New Madrid Guitar Maker

cattanarts

Introduction-New Madrid Guitar Maker

Post by cattanarts » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:32 am

Hello to all members, my name is Ilan, I am a young Madrid starting guitar maker, have been working on my own doing repairs and making some guitars, and spending a lot of time learning from the master makers from Madrid. Now that I have more experience and a very good opportunity to collaborate, I will hopefully soon start to ''officialy'' make guitars in collaboration with some of the Tezanos family. Some of them know me since I was 8 years old and now after a lot of hard work, they are finally seriously thinking about a collaboration. I finished two guitars that are my ''Prueba de Fuego'', they gave me the materials and one of them, Mariano's brother, unknown for most people, made some of the parts and designs with me. Now I just have to frenchpolish them and show them to Mariano and his brother, so they would finally decide if I can go further. Wish me luck, because I am absolutely in love with the guitar and when you look into any Tezanos family's eyes, you just can percieve a heart of gold, they are the most kind and lovely people one would ever expect to find, to the point I have tools that could be in a guitar museum. Can't describe how excited I am about all this, when everything goes on I will just give more information about it.

oski79

Re: Introduction-New Madrid Guitar Maker

Post by oski79 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:08 am

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

brian

Post by brian » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:58 am

welcome cattanarts!
absolutely i wish you the best of luck!
i owned a 2005 mariano tezanos maestro
that was an absolute gem! i loved that guitar,
but sadly had to sell it during a difficult time.
you are in good hands, and i'm sure that things
will work out the way they should!!
again, best of luck to you, and welcome to the forum!
if at first you don't succeed try again.
then quit.
there's no use being a damn fool about it.
-w.c. fields

montana

Post by montana » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:21 am

Googled Tazanos. No luthier came up .

jebejava

Post by jebejava » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:29 am

Spelling.

cattanarts

Post by cattanarts » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:19 pm

Hello! Thanks to everyone for the good wishes, and Brian, you have been lucky for owning one of Mariano's guitars, he is an absolutely incredible maker, and a very sensitive person, very open and kind. I would like to say also sorry for my mistakes speaking english, I don't practice as much as I should, but I'll do my best. If Mariano and his brother are happy with the guitars, I will post some pictures or video of them to know also your opinion. Greetings from Madrid!

cattanarts

Post by cattanarts » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:25 pm

montana wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:21 am
It is tEzanos, but anyway, they are not kind of a ''mediatic famous'' luthiers, the great players know their guitars, but it has never been a mass-production, Mariano has been kind of a slow worker looking for the best quality of the thing he was doing, more or less like Arcángel, but Arcángel was like much slower and surprisingly insecure, even making some of the best guitars in Spain.
The best thing you can do is ask someone who has a Tezanos guitar and let them speak wonders, they make every player fall in love, and any maker too. Greetings from Madrid.

montana

Post by montana » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:05 am

cattanarts wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:25 pm
montana wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:21 am
It is tEzanos, but anyway, they are not kind of a ''mediatic famous'' luthiers, the great players know their guitars, but it has never been a mass-production, Mariano has been kind of a slow worker looking for the best quality of the thing he was doing, more or less like Arcángel, but Arcángel was like much slower and surprisingly insecure, even making some of the best guitars in Spain.
The best thing you can do is ask someone who has a Tezanos guitar and let them speak wonders, they make every player fall in love, and any maker too. Greetings from Madrid.
Sorry , I was actually trying to find his site. Mariano Tazanos is said to be the best luthier that ever built for Ramirez.

Return to “Introduce yourself”