Seasons greetings from moody London

Guitarcroc

Seasons greetings from moody London

Post by Guitarcroc » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:43 am

And I mean moody right now. God is playing in a minor key.

I've recently started playing guitar again. It's been a reasonable gap (around 5-6 years) but even so I'm surprised at how much manual dexterity I have lost. I originally started as a small boy but stopped classical lessons in my teens so I could more onto the electric. That was fun, but I found the amount of boxing I was doing meant I could't really spend too much time on the guitar. (Also, hands often sore).

I've decided to go back to the classical guitar, but this time without a teacher.

I also need to *purchase* another guitar. I picked up my old steel string last night, tuned it up, and worked through Lagrima. It took an embarrassingly long time to manage it, my left fingers are sore and when I try playing properly with the right (e.g not just P) it sounds even worse.

Right now, my goal is to just start from the beginning and slowly work my way up until my fingers do what my brain tells them.

simonm

Re: Seasons greetings from moody London

Post by simonm » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:59 am

Welcome to the forum Guitarcroc

- To get started please take a look at the new member info here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=36537

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We recommend that members put their location in their profile. This enables people answering questions to provide local information if appropriate. Click on your name, then "edit profile" and you will see the various options.

Cheers,

Simon

Return to “Introduce yourself”