Hi From Australia

Fat Fingers

Hi From Australia

Post by Fat Fingers » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:29 pm

G'day Folks,

I always love checking in on Jean-Francois's main site for great info. ..... Notice: He plays the 'right' way to start with.. :lol:
I thought it was about time I joined the forum too....
Here's a quick bit of info on me.
1) Do you play guitar? Yes Are you a lover of guitar music ? Yes Are you a Luthier? No
2) How long have you played? 30+ years What is your experience? I have taught occasionally How old (young) were you when you started? 18 years
3) Do you take lessons? Did Or are you self-taught? Nowadays Yes Are you a teacher of Classical Guitar? Have Been
4) Did you start with another type of guitar or musical instrument, and then discover the Classical Guitar? No
5) What type of music are you particularly interested in? Progressive Rock, Folk, What pieces are you currently working on? J. Ferrer
6) Do you have a large gap in your life when you stopped playing the guitar? No - always fiddled
7) And so on! Anything that you wish to share with us will be much appreciated - Looking forward to trying some new stuff for enjoyment and yes I am a southpaw... :wink: - which can be a real pain in the you know where sometimes....

oski79

Re: Hi From Australia

Post by oski79 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:30 pm

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Fat Fingers

Post by Fat Fingers » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:45 pm

Thanks for the quick update mate... when you say 'posts' are you referring to leaving a message on a thread (like a thanks for example) or actually putting up music for download or what not...??

oski79

Post by oski79 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:44 pm

Anything-- Starting a thread, a message on a thread, a recording or video, etc., counts as a post
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:43 pm

Welcome to the forum Fat Fingers. There are quite a few Aussies here.

Regards,
Peter (Sydney)

martinardo

Post by martinardo » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:12 pm

G'day and Welcome FF. As Peter says, there are some Aussies here but their various finger conditions

are unknown to me: at this time. Lots to see and do here.

Cheers,

Martinardo (country Victoria)
I'm pink therefore I'm Spam

Return to “Introduce yourself”