Hello from Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia

dave119

Hello from Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia

Post by dave119 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:55 pm

Hi all,
Not actually new to this forum - was a member many, many, years ago, so this is a new, old, introduction.
OK, obviously I play classical, but haven't played for the past 10 years or so. Left school in the mid '70's and studied at the Sydney Conservatorium - classical guitar and recorder. The past 10 years have been concentrating on the recorder (I have heaps of recorders but my favourites are a Moeck soprano and a Mollenhauer alto). Have now retired from work (was an Outdoor Education instructor) and now it's time to get back to the guitar - yeah!
Back in studying days I had a K Yairi, and guess what, I still have it - it's the only classical guitar I have ever owned, and it has been gathering dust in a cupboard for years (the case anyway) except for a clean every now and then.
Anyway, I'm thinking I'll be spending the next little while just getting my fingers working again and not really looking forward to that - going to be boring just get fingers to stretch again. I can still play OK so will concentrate on some easier stuff until it all comes back together - muscle memory is amazing, after all this time the fingers still go to (or at least try to go to the correct positions).
Have always used and will probably keep using Augustine Reds - just changed to a new set yesterday.
So all being well, will be back to reasonably good playing soonish.

Erik Zurcher

Re: Hello from Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia

Post by Erik Zurcher » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:11 pm

Hello Dave and welcome back to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
许理和·海牙·荷兰 Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:41 pm

Welcome to the forum Dave.

Peter (Sydney)

Paul Janssen

Post by Paul Janssen » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:22 am

Hi Dave,

Welcome (back) aboard. I love to listen to the recorder when played well. I'm not sure if you have the capability, but it would be great to hear you record a guitar/recorder duet with yourself once you get your guitar chops back.

Cheers,
Paul (Melbourne)

dave119

Post by dave119 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:55 am

Hi Paul (and Peter),
Recording is not a problem - have been recording recorder duets for ages (with me playing both parts). My wife really does not like it when I play recorder - too loud and the soprano's too shrill for her liking - but she loves the guitar, thankfully. I'll see what happens in a few months when I'm comfortable again with the guitar. Also play the dulcimer of which I have an electric one as well as an acoustic and actually play the electric at gigs around about the place - mostly just background/elevator music at dinners etc. It's really nice - very mellow and dead easy to play - only diatonic in D and that's all there is to it.

Return to “Introduce yourself”