Hello from NYC

jrosenblatt

Hello from NYC

Post by jrosenblatt » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:43 pm

Hi my name is Josh. I've been a member of delcamp before but left for a while. I've been playing guitar for almost 30 years but most of that time i focused on Jazz, rock blues and other styles. About four years ago i started playing classical and about 3-4 months after that started studying with a great teacher here in NYC.

oski79

Re: Hello from NYC

Post by oski79 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:14 pm

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Papa Squat

Welcome from NYC

Post by Papa Squat » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:44 pm

I also just rejoined this wonderful site. I took a different approach than you and am getting into Jazz as of recent. Glad you found a good teacher. It's so important.
"Wo ist das hammer-dingy?"

Return to “Introduce yourself”