New from Switzerland

robithinker

New from Switzerland

Post by robithinker » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:21 pm

In the early oughts, I played classical guitar for a year, practicing everyday, and with a teacher weekly, before developing carpal tunnel syndrome. I took a break for a couple months and went to physical therapy. I moved to Switzerland shortly after my wrists had healed and did not pick the guitar again. I'm returning to the guitar now with the hopes I can avoid any further wrist problems. I played saxophone for eight years, so I can read music. Generally speaking, music, and certainly now again, classical guitar music specifically, are two of my biggest passions. I have pulled my (very) old Yamaha beginner guitar out of the cellar, bought new strings and am close to booking a teacher. I have bought some introductory books on technique and printed some public domain exercises to begin with. Started practicing again the other night and am excited about the road ahead. These forums are a valuable source of information and I look forward to contributing and reading as things progress. Take care.

Erik Zurcher

Re: New from Switzerland

Post by Erik Zurcher » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:41 pm

Hello robithinkner and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
许理和·海牙·荷兰 Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Paul Janssen

Post by Paul Janssen » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:13 pm

Hi Robithinkner and welcome to the forum. Good luck as you dip you toes back into the wonderful world of Classical Guitar playing.

-Paul (from Australia)

KlaBueBaer

Post by KlaBueBaer » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:03 pm

Hello Robithinkner, welcome to the forum.
---
Lakewood M-32G --- Aria MH 100 --- Hoyer Grand Concert --- Crafter Vintage ---
MuseScore --- GuitarPro --- SmartScore ---

Return to “Introduce yourself”